Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hair Extensions- Clip in or permanent? Why? (people who have had them before answer please)?

I have been wearing clip in extensions for about half a year. My hair is slightly damaged from LOTS of bleaching, and its a little longer than shoulder length. I'm trying to get it VERY long.


I hate using clip ins- I hardly have enough time to put them in every morning, they stick out no matter how I apply them, they're uncomfortable, they get pulled out all the time.. blegh.





My permanent hair extension questions are:


-will you lose any hair from doing this?


-what does it feel like, if any of you KNOW from experience?


-how long do they last for?


-how do you wash your hair with them in?








THANKS!Hair Extensions- Clip in or permanent? Why? (people who have had them before answer please)?
clip in! i have wanted extensions for yearss...and did all this research. And regular extensions are so expensive. You can buy clip in ones at Sallys Beauty Supply for $80 and they are real human hair and take 5 minutes to put in!!!!!





and everyone says they look so good. It looks so natural, and you can dye them and curl them and everything. I actually just washed mine today. I love them so much I wear them to school





seriously the only regret I have is not getting them sooner. I told my friend about them and she was really skeptical, but she finally bought some and now she is obsessed too!!





trust me you wont be dissappointed with the clip in onesHair Extensions- Clip in or permanent? Why? (people who have had them before answer please)?
i would stick with clip ins because every single method of permanent or semi- permanent hair extensions will cause some sort of damage to your hair no mater what they advertise.
I don't like the permanent ones because they look fake from a distance. Especially when you move your hair around people can see the glue, or whatever that is.
The Clip On are way better


you should just try some other ones
I use to bleach my hair and had extensions.


There are different methods, some more expensive than others.





I used a product called Monkey Barz. Similar to hot glue and applied with a hot glue style gun.





When done it looked awesome. Problem, you have to re-do as the beads of glue get longer. They can still pull off or loosen and have to be maintained. I kept extra wefts of hair and the products to fix them.





Have someone cut your extensions to blend with your own hair. A good cut is essential.





Yes they can be washed as you do your own hair. Use good quality human hair wefts and good shampoo's and conditioner.


The hair doesn't absorb natural oil like your own so maintenace and conditioners are vital.





They are expensive if done in a salon and takes about 8 hrs to put in.





Do a google search and you may find better methods now that won't hurt your hair.





When I grew tired of them and took them out I had to use actetone to loosen the glue. My hair was bleached and some of my hair ripped when I removed them. Probably better to have them removed by a pro.

No comments:

Post a Comment